Saturday, May 18, 2013

Saturday StepXStep, Altered Frame Fun Tutorial.....


Hey there guys it is Saturday so that means it is TIME for another STEPXSTEP....this time it is my turn, Terry....and I will show you what I made in a "few" steps.....



Oke so what I did was ....I had a frame in my closet and I thought that would be nice to alter it...so what I did was, I took the inside out the background looks awefull eh? so ...

So....what better way to work on the background with the Tissue Tape from The Tim Holtz....

After the Tissue Tape was placed, I thought why not use the stencil and use the Molding Paste also.


Then you get this...the background looks different eh? lol...thought so.....


Then I cut out a few hearts from corrugated card and worked on it with the Adirondack Color Wash and the Distress Crackle Paint....you get an amazing result if you use both products....

So first the corrugated card on top of the wooden hearts.....and after...
I sprayed the Adirondack Color Wash on top.....and yep on top of that layer, the crackle Distress Paint 


When the four hearts were ready I placed them on the background that goes inside the frame...


But only four hearts on the background was not enough, so perhaps some lace colored with the Adirondack Color Wash would do the trick.....


This is the result of the colored lace....I love the color it has now.....don't you just love it.....

Oke now were getting to the background of the Frame itself....I played around with lots of Crackle and yep Vintage Photo, the stencil is really lots of fun to use on the background, not THAT much but just a little bit to let you see a difference in different textures.....


Now the four finished hearts can find their place inside the frame....I worked a bit more on the colour on the frame itself.....


And to give the frame a bit more, I played around with another heart...offcourse I used crackle again lol....just love that crackled look....and a nice sentiment on top...


And offcourse a Tim Holtz corner to finish the heart embellishment on top....


And still I was not pleased with the bottom...so I found some roses and a piece of lace.....just love Linda's lace...did you see all the fabulous laces she has in her shop.......complete yummieness....and yep I colored the lace too with a bit of rusty colours and the roses on top....now I was getting somewhere....


So this is the result of my Saturday StepXStep....A altered frame and offcourse since all my projects have a hidden meaning behind it...can you tell what I want to express with my project? You think about what I mean......and offcourse you can tell me .....
Thank you so much for checking out the Saturday StepXStep and I hope I have helped you a bit with what you can do with a simple 'old' frame....and the New frame you can make out of it.....

Have loadsssss of fun guys.....
Hugs Terry xxxx






16 comments:

  1. Fantastic tutorial Terry. Love how you have transformed this frame/picture. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing. Thank you for sharing the details

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning project Terry ! Love the texture you've created with the stencils and the flowers look fabulous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankss Sue and have fun with the tut Hugs Terry xxx

      Delete
  4. Oh serious WOW! Superb transformation Terry and you have given me a great idea for something. Thank-you and have a fab weekend. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Nicola, thanks so much for your sweet comment and have fun I am curious what your going to make Hugs Terry xxxx

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful, loving that background

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Claudine, thanksss and have fun with the tut. Hugs Terry xxxx

      Delete
  6. You turned that frame into an art object, Terry. Great job with the background - I really love that part of it! The crackle finish is terrific too. Thanks for sharing a terrific StepXStep!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful transformation, love the way you used the texture paste on the tape - it looks amazing. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tutorial Terry and i love the result.
    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really great make and fab step by step. hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How delicious - a brilliant makeover!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete