Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Upcycle for Earth Day

Hello friends of Frilly and Funkie,  So glad to have you back with us today to see what our talented designers have put together for their interpretation of Upcycle for Earth Day.  Yes, I know Earth Day was Monday, but as far as I'm concerned we should cherish and protect our earth and live every day repurposing things instead of trasking them!  And judging by what our very talented designers have done with this theme, I would say they agree with me.  We hope you will share a repurposed or recycled project with us this week! (all the challenge details can be found in the Week #1 post below).  

Trace


Linda Coughlin - The Funkie Junkie


**********Week #1 Post**********


Greetings friends of Frilly and Funkie,

We are so happy you are with us today as we kick off another two week challenge.  Linda here hosting this fortnight's challenge which is Upcycle for Earth Day.  I'm a big fan of recycling, maybe even a fanatic if you ask my family, and I always try to live my life in a conservation mode.  Earth Day is April 2oth this year which is just a few days away so I thought it would be good to encourage you to use something you would otherwise throw away for your craft project this time around.  We have some great projects from our DT to get your mojo jumping:

Sue Carrington - Stamping Sue Style 

Whatever your vintage style, Frilly or Funkie, you are welcome to play along with our vintage inspired challenge. You may upload your project at any time. If using a public forum, please use keyword F&F. Please be sure to provide a link back to our challenge in your post. Please please please be sure to turn off your Word Verification so our design team can leave comments on your blogs. And don't forget, you can only play in 4 other challenges besides ours. We had a few entries that didn't qualify last time because they had entered too many challenges. From now on, we will be deleting those entries.

9 comments:

  1. What wonderful makes , love them hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made such gorgeous samples for this challenge - love the theme too. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they are both so beautiful xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to be inspired by Earth Day, both pieces are wonderful, loving the vintage look of the first and the glorious colours on the second. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! need to apologize in advance, I didn't realize that when I copied my blog address it was not specific to the post, hence it goes straight to the top of my blog...so sorry, I would fix it but the Linky tool won't allow me to delete my entry :(

    Blessings,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this site and the always lovely inspiration by the clever and talented DT. Thanks, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoops, somehow I never noticed it before (and I always read the rules before joining a challenge site), but I only just now noticed that we're limited to only 4 other challenges, and both of my entries (#'s 5 and 6) are entered in more, 8 and 7 respectively, so I realize I'll be disqualified. A shame since I was really looking forward to being counted. Perhaps you would have more participation if you allowed a few more challenges to be entered? Just a suggestion. I do enjoy the "frilly and funkie" theme of your site and hope to enter future challenges. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi...just realized that I will be disqualified too as I am in more challenges than you allow...sorry about that...fun to enter anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow stunning creations from the design team and a fantastic challenge :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete