Saturday, April 13, 2013

Saturday Step X Step

Welcome to another Saturday Step X Step ! It's Sue here and I'm sharing a grungey style card today.



I started with the background and used Seasonal Distress Stains Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry and Festive Berries.


I spritzed the card with water so that all the colours merged together.


This is what it looked like when it was dry.


 I then tore up pieces of printed tissue paper and glued it over the card.


I then gave the card a coat of watered down white acrylic paint to knock back the colour.


When it was dry I stamped over the card using the text from the Artistic Outpost Paper Boy set.


I then used the stamps from the Generation Redux set and stamped onto some masking tape, the sort you use for DIY.



For the flowers I used a technique that I spotted on Tracy Evans blog when I joined a blog hop for Creative Expressions. I've stuck the May Arts crocheted lace to some Grunge Paper. I then used the Tattered Flowers Sizzix die to cut the flowers. For the dark brown lace flower I also painted the Grunge Paper before sticking the lace to it. I forgot to take a photo of the cut flowers before I assembled them !


I cut a bottle cap using the mini bottle cap die and then coated it with gold acrylic paint. 


I cut a mini flourish from white card and coated it with acrylic paint too. 


I punched a circle of paper to glue onto the bottle cap and added an epoxy sticker. I stamped the main image twice, which is also from the Generation Redux set. I punched the number from the image and added it to the centre of the flower.

I hope you've enjoyed todays Step X Step and you have a great week end !

19 comments:

  1. This is superb Sue. Love the way you've done the background and that flower is stunning. Thanks for taking us through this in such detail. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! Love the background and colours and that bottle cap/ flower embellishment wit the swirl is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous steps and techniques to achieve this gorgeous card. A great job Sue.
    Xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how beautiful! I really love that crochet lace flower. A lovely piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much for the step by step,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card Sue!! never thought of stamping onto the masking tape!!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS!!!!!!! I'm totally blown away by this one, Sue. Love the way you have created the background and your crochet lace flower is beyond cool. Thanks so much for sharing all the terrific details on this!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful techniques resulting in a fabulous finished product. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue,

    This is truly a work of art! Love the flower and the masking tape border! Hope you have a great weekend. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Sue, so glad you liked mybtechniquecwith the ribbon from the CE blog hop. Your background is gorgeous and lovely use if the AO images. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning tags! Love all details!!! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Card Sue and thanks for showing us how you made it.
    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card and amazing background. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Love how you toned down the pinks and all the gorgeous details. That bottlecap looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just glorious, Sue - the lacy flower is a sensational piece of work, and the masking tape with those fabulous tiny flower stamps is a genius idea (off to try it out...). Fabulous background, one of my favourite stamps - altogether a complete treat - I love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card the background is glorious, and love the lace grunge flower, fab stamping as always. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! love it all but that flower is just FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such great background tips! Thanks for such a great stepxstep, Sue!

    ReplyDelete