Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Focus - Kraft-Core Paper

Welcome Everyone!  Donna here with this week's Friday Focus.  Today I'm here to tell you about the wonders of kraft core paper! The Funkie Junkie has several different kraft core paper collections.



 
 


This paper is so versatile...you can sand it, tear it, emboss it and distress it and get many different looks in the process.  I've made a few samples to share with you.

The backgrounds, on both of the cards below, were created with paper from the Kraft Core Nostalgia collection.  I embossed the paper and then sanded the embossed areas before applying a coordinating distress ink color.  The sanded areas take the ink more heavily and highlight the embossing!!




Next, I created a tag and  I used two different techniques on this.  The background is embossed kraft core that was sanded and then distressed with Vintage Photo distress ink to define the embossed pattern.  On the dress form I sanded the embossed kraft core and then left it as is.  The exposed kraft core makes the embossed pattern stand out without any additional steps!


On this double-high accordion 3-D flip album I used the new Shattered Kraft Core.  I didn't alter the shattered kraft core and instead used it as-is for the backgrounds.  On the left panel I embossed the stamp from the new Way With Words stamp set.  On the right, the shattered kraft core is the perfect background for my girl with wings. I just love it!


 

 
 
Thanks for joining me for this Friday Focus!  I hope that I've provided you with some inspiration that you can use with kraft core paper.  And don't forget, the Kraft Core paper is now an additional 15% off of The Funkie Junkie's already low prices!  What a great deal!  So don't hesitate to pick some up and share your creations with us at Sunday Share!
 
The following items that I used on my project can be found at The Funkie Junkie Boutique! The boutique offers it's merchandise at up to a 20% discount from the typical retail price! That's a great deal and you should check it out!! 
 


8 comments:

  1. A great Friday focus, some beautiful makes and great ideas hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic samples here Donna. Each one has some great ideas for using this card. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great projects with the craft core. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you made me want to run for my Kraft Core and sander, Donna. Your work here is simply outstanding, especially the cards made with the blueprint stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well you certainly convinced me! Your diverse display of the papers are gorgeous and I really like the flippy swingy card!! Beautiful job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Friday Focus Donna ! I don't use Kraft Core anywhere near enough and it's so versatile, as you've so brilliantly shown ! Would love to know how you made the swing album, looks awesome ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some Kraft Core and have never used it - thank you for the inspiration - I'm going to get it out and DO something with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Kraft Core is so cool for a yummy shabby chic look - love your projects here, and the flip album is just a joy!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete