Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday Focus - Filigree Metals

Welcome back to another Friday Focus. I've been shopping for the Boutique again and have stocked up on lots of cool filigree metal embellishments that will be perfect for your art projects. And I'm so excited about them that I wanted to do this week's Friday Focus on these goodies. And that means, they will all be 15% off through April 18th.
Double click any image for close up viewing
I made a spring butterfly garden tag using lots of goodies from the Boutique, including the bronze daisy and leaves and three different filigree butterflies.  I painted the daisy using Snow Cap alcohol ink and the leaves with the Vintaj Weathered Copper patina kit.
The top two butterflies were also painted with the Vintaj Weathered copper paints. The white butterfly was embossed with Weathered White Antiquities Embossing Power, then sponged with Vintage Photo to grunge it up a bit.  The gingham and polka dot buttons are also from the Boutique.

Here's a little sneak peek of a card I have ready for my Saturday challenge showing another cool metal piece - an embellished safety pin.
I threaded two crystal beads and a pink glass bead onto the pin.  The shaft of the pin is a bit thick so I had to look around for beads that would fit, but I did find a few different choices.  How fun is that?

Here are a few more pieces I have made recently using many of the filigree metals that are on sale this week.


That's few samples to pique your interest.  Check out Friday Focus over at The Funkie Junkie Boutique.







6 comments:

  1. I can attest to how large the leaves and daisy are, and as for those super size wooden buttons! WOW! If you want to make a statement these are perfect. Loving all the new embellishments you've got in store Linda and the way you have used them here has got my mind whirring with even more possibilities. Awesome work! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look beautiful and have so much potential for so many gorgeous creations! love how they can be grunged up, coloured and look fab against all different settings! hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, Linda! Got my Paperboy megaquick and was so thrilled with the little extras! Thank you!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What glorious, glorious tags! I'm in love with the filigree pieces I ordered, and they're due to make an appearance tomorrow morning... With this offer, I'll probably be back for more!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning makes Linda I can't choose between the tags as they are all fabulous. TFS

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the painted metals! That's what I want to try with the ones I ordered recently! You've included some beautiful ideas here!

    ReplyDelete