Saturday, October 20, 2012

Step x Step: Let It Snow

Good morning friends, it is Teresa bringing you today's step x step.  I am sharing some of the gorgeous and  shabby Melissa Frances embellishments.  I adore snowflakes and Melissa Frances has some chipboard snowflakes that you embellish yourself(they are sold out now), so sweet! 

 I wanted them to have script/sheet music on them, so I covered them with gesso and then smoothed out the sheet music onto them and then carefully lifted the paper off.




This is right after I lifted the paper, I was not worried about the edges; it does not have to be perfect to be shabby.  I want to distress the ends anyway with ink, so bare cardboard will be covered in a shabby fashion.    


I also covered them with Tim Holtz glitter and then I added  the Melissa Frances paper garland to the center; and yes it is pink!  A little more frilly and girly.



I completed my card with more goodies from the Funkie Junkie Boutique, the lace trim, 
Melissa Frances Chrismtas Flashcards , and the pink ribbon.  The pink ribbon is what some of my goodies where wrapped in when I placed my order, I surely can't waste it...teehehehe.  The pink jingle bells I also made, spray painted them and covered them in Glossy Accents, and the Tim Holtz glitter.   I am so luvin the pink, a true frilly..*grin*.  Have a super day and be sure to stop by The Funkie Junkie Boutique and pick up your Melissa Frances goodies today! 


13 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty, Teresa - love how you got the music onto the snowflakes - what a great step-by-step, thank you!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa, love this oh so pretty soft and girlie card. Will definitely be trying out your gesso/printed paper technique. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card thanks for the mini tutorial on how you did the snowflakes . Will be trying this for sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beauty Teresa.
    Great details and lovely colors
    Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just sooo beautiful Teresa, loving the pink on the jingle bells. I don't waste my ribbon in those gorgeous little envelopes either, but can hardly bear to use them as they are so lovely. Those MF papers are fabulous too. A x

    PS - great tutorial too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. so gorgeous! I love all the pretty shabby chicness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think pink is perfect for your shabby snow card! Thanks for sharing how you made your beautiful snowflakes...I'm am so going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I appreciate you sharing how to get the sheet music onto the snowflakes. Such a cool technique. Lovely card...I think I like the pink jingle bells the best. So unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so cool to use gesso as a transfer medium for the sheet music. Thanks so much for sharing that technique. Your card came out fabulous. I especially like all the pink. Super StepXStep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous project Teresa. I love the colours. Very soft feminine make. TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful, love those musical snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete